Saira is an Associate in the Employment division and undertakes a combination of employment litigation and advisory work. Saira acts for healthcare, social housing, and private and third sector clients.
Saira performs a hybrid role of both casework and bespoke advocacy. In respect of her case work, Saira advises and acts for clients on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious employment law matters, including redundancy, sickness and performance issues, disciplinary matters (including doctors’ disciplinary cases), pregnancy and working time. She has particular expertise in equal pay and discrimination cases. On the advocacy side, Saira is a member of the division’s Advocacy Unit and routinely represents clients at multi-day Employment Tribunal hearings. Saira has also appeared in the Employment Appeal Tribunal.
- Emmanuel V City and Hackney PCT (2012, lead test case on NHS equal pay.)
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Employment Lawyers Bar Association (associate member)
- Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test, BPP, 2009
- Bar Vocational Course, BPP, 2006
- LLB Law (Hons) University of Reading, 2004
- Training contract qualification date Called to the Bar in July 2006, cross-qualified as a solicitor in December 2009, and began practising as a solicitor in January 2010
- Progressed to associate May 2018