Saira is a Legal Director in the Employment and Pensions division and undertakes a combination of employment litigation and advisory work. She also specialises in information governance issues in the workplace. Saira acts for healthcare, social housing, and private and third sector clients.
Saira manages a team of Employment lawyers to deliver bespoke and specialist employment advice and litigation services.
Saira also provides pragmatic and commercial advice on a wide range of employment law issues, including redundancy; whistleblowing; sickness and performance; disciplinary matters (including doctors’ disciplinary cases); contractual interpretation; terminations and settlement agreements; family rights; and working time. She has particular expertise in equal pay and discrimination cases, having led on the national test case in the NHS national equal pay litigation. Having originally trained as a Barrister, she has significant experiencing of representing clients at Employment Tribunal hearings in order to provide an end-to-end service.
More recently Saira has been developing a niche specialism in information governance issues in the workplace, providing tailored advice to clients in all sectors on such issues as subject access requests; overseas working; use of audio and visual recordings in the workplace; and sharing sensitive information within investigation reports.
- Emmanuel v City and Hackney PCT (2012, lead test case on NHS equal pay claims)
- RK v Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust (2020, first employment tribunal claim involving a registered intermediary where claimant lacked capacity)
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Employment Lawyers Bar Association (associate member)
Qualified as a Solicitor
Called to the Bar
- Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test, BPP, 2009
- Bar Vocational Course, BPP, 2006
- LLB Law (Hons) University of Reading, 2004
- Training contract qualification date Called to the Bar in July 2006, cross-qualified as a solicitor in December 2009, and began practising as a solicitor in January 2010
- Progressed to associate May 2018