Partner, Head of Employment and Pensions
Victoria is head of Capsticks’ national employment and pensions practice, leading a team of over 50 specialist employment lawyers in the delivery of advice and support on workforce issues to clients across all our key sectors.
Victoria has particular expertise in high profile, sensitive cases involving professionals and senior executives, providing advice and support to clients seeking to resolve difficult internal procedures. She regularly acts on behalf of clients who are subject to external regulation and significant public scrutiny, including RPs, and is experienced in ensuring that her employment law advice provides pragmatic solutions for her clients, ensuring reputational management alongside management of legal risk. Victoria represents our clients in some of our most sensitive and complex employment litigation, including claims of discrimination and whistleblowing and she is experienced in supporting senior witnesses through high-profile claims.
Her practice includes advising on significant organisational change projects and changes to terms and conditions and in the recent pandemic she has been assisting clients across all our sectors in the implementation of swift and innovative changes to ways of working and on risk assessments and bringing people back to work post-lockdown. Victoria is experienced in providing employment law training for HR specialists, Boards and front line managers and at working with clients to take practical steps to prepare for changes to employment law and the regulatory landscape.
- London Cancer Vanguard Board collaborative workforce project
- Representing a public sector employer in a challenge to the Pensions Ombudsman
- Hussain v Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust  EWHC
- Langford v Department of Health (on behalf of the Secretary of State for Health)  EAT
- Kalu v Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust & Ors  EWCA
- Idu vs East Suffolk & North Essex NHS Foundation Trust  EWCA Civ 1649
- Employment Lawyers Association
- HPMA London Academy Board
- Practical Law Employment Consultation Board
- 2001 BA Hons (University of Leicester)
- 2003 GDL (College of Law)
- 2004 LPC (College of Law
- Training contract qualification date: 15 September 2006