The Capsticks Diploma in Clinical Risk and Claims Management is nationally regarded as important training for clinical risk managers and claims managers as well as practising clinicians.
The course aims to introduce delegates to best practice in risk and claims management. Sessions are lead by Capsticks lawyers and risk/claims professionals.
The course is run in London and Leeds, involving one day's attendance each month for 6 months from September 2018 to March 2019 followed by an exam in May 2019.
The application deadline for the 2018/2019 Diploma course has now been reached.
- A day designed to give an introduction to why accidents happen including root cause analysis, the reporting of patient safety incidents and how this can result in effective risk management.
London: 12 September 2018
Leeds: 18 September 2018
- A day focusing on the key risk areas outside obstetrics.
• Standards for better health explained
• Risk registers and risk reduction
• Integrated governance
• Audit and inspection
London: 3 October 2018
Leeds: 9 October 2018
- An introduction to the key elements of clinical negligence provided by Capsticks' lawyers.
• Breach of duty and causation
• How long do patients have to bring a claim?
• Obtaining statements from clinicians
• Analysing and reporting claims
London: 7 November 2018
Leeds: 13 November 2018
- Maternity care is responsible for more than half the costs of clinical negligence litigation and most of the very big claims. The Diploma identifies the more common risks and how to reduce them.
London: 9 January 2019
Leeds: 15 January 2019
- Capsticks' lawyers will take you through the stages of the litigation process from the first letter from solicitors to eventual settlement/trial.
• What to do when you get a letter of claim
• Disclosure of patient information
• How to deal with litigation and mediation
London: 6 February 2019
Leeds: 12 February 2019
- A day focusing on the often high profile medico-legal emergencies in which important decisions need to be taken very quickly. The day also gives an introduction to the law of consent.
• Refusal of treatment
• Withholding and withdrawing treatment
• Child protection
London: 6 March 2019
Leeds: 12 March 2018
9 May 2019 for London and Leeds.
The total cost of undertaking the Diploma course is £1,500, plus VAT. This can be paid in either one or two instalments by your trust; self-funded students receive a 10% discount off their fees.
- Capsticks London office, 1 St George’s Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 4DR
- Capsticks Leeds office, Toronto Square, Toronto Street, Leeds, LS1 2HJ
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.