The Capsticks Housing Diploma, endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Housing, is the first housing development and regeneration qualification of its kind for the housing sector.
Delivered by our specialist legal team (with support from external experts), the diploma will provide a practical understanding of the process of housing development, with a focus on its legal aspects, to a recognised professional standard.
Aimed at housing professionals, already working in the sector who are looking to develop their skills and knowledge and career and gain a deeper understanding of the role of a registered provider. The course will involve one day attendance each month for a period of six months starting from January to June, followed by an assessment in September.
Applications for 2024 are now open. All applicants will be notified in the autumn whether their application was successful.
- Module 1 - Introduction - the business of housing associations
- Module 2 - Heads of terms and instructing solicitors, transaction structures, procurement overview
- Module 3 - Tax issues overview
- Module 4 - Scheme appraisals, regeneration, land-buying
- Module 5 - Planning
- Module 6 - Title considerations, transfer considerations
- Module 7 - Drafting development agreements, negotiating delivering and managing development agreements/build contracts
- Module 8 – Overview of section agreements
- Module 9 - Specification and employers' requirements, EAs, and the DLP
- Module 10 - Corporate finance, debt and risk
- Module 11 - Estate management: sales, building safety and fire requirements
- Module 12 - Housing management, governance aspects of housing management
- Module 13 - Introduction to disputes, barriers to development, contractual disputes, construction disputes
Participants will have two months to complete the essay.
The total cost of undertaking the Diploma course is £3,000, plus VAT. This can be paid in either one or two instalments by your employer; self-funded students receive a 10% discount off their fees.
Modules will alternate between taking place online and in person at a London venue.
If you have any questions please email [email protected]