Abi specialises in property-related disputes and contentious landlord and tenant matters for the healthcare and social housing sectors.
Abi's particular areas of expertise include:
- Possession claims relating to commercial and residential premises, including site clearance prior to redevelopment
- Residential leasehold issues including recovery of service charge, Section 20 consultation, dealing with defects, lease extensions, right to manage, enfranchisement, enforcement of tenant’s covenants and applications for consent.
- Contested lease renewals within the provisions of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Break rights, surrender, option to renew, forfeiture and rent review
- Claims relating to breaches of covenant, including withholding consent to assign, sublet or carry our alterations, service charge disputes and liability for dilapidation
- Rights of way, rights to light, party wall disputes
- Responding to disrepair claims by tenants
- Advising on and resolving boundary disputes
- Evicting squatters, traveler campsites and other injunctions affecting land
- Release of restrictive covenants and removal of barriers to development
- Management and resolution of construction disputes
- Dealing with applications for registration of land as a town or village green, including public inquires.
LLB (Hons) University College London
LPC College of Law