Sian trained at Capsticks, spending time doing clinical, healthcare regulatory, property and employment work. She qualified as a solicitor in the Employment Department in September 2007.
As a Partner in Capsticks’ Employment team, Sian is involved in conducting employment tribunal cases for NHS and Private healthcare clients, and advising on all aspects of employment law in a healthcare context. Sian frequently undertakes advocacy in the Employment Tribunals with significant experience defending unfair dismissal and discrimination claims. She regularly provides training to managers and HR professionals on these areas of law.
Siân studied law at King’s College London where she took electives in both Employment and Medical law. Siân undertook the practical element of her legal studies in 2004-2005.
- 'The Equality Bill - What NHS Employers need to know', Xpert HR, July 2009
- 'The Equality Act and the public sector duties', Xpert HR, August 2011
- LLB Law (Hons), King's College London, 2003
- Dip Legal Practice, College of Law London, 2005
- Progressed to partner: 1 May 2018
- Notable cases include:
- Olenloa v North West London Hospitals NHS Trust UKEAT/0599/11/ZT
- George v Croydon Hospitals NHS Trust  UKEAT 0139/15/1702
- Mezey v South West London and St Georges  EWHC 3340 (QB)