Head of Clinical Law, Partner
Peter has been a partner at Capsticks since 2000. He heads the clinical law division, which encompasses defendant litigation for the NHS and insurers as well as public law and advisory work for all Capsticks’ clients. Peter was appointed as a Deputy Chairman of the Information Tribunal from 2005 to 2009 and as a Deputy High Court Judge in 2016 sitting in the Administrative Court and Queen’s Bench Division.
Prior to commencing his legal career, Peter qualified as a doctor and practised in many aspects of hospital based medicine up to registrar level.
Peter’s particular areas of expertise are defendant clinical negligence, information law and consent to treatment.
- Ms B v An NHS Trust  EWHC 429 (Fam) (22nd March, 2002)
- N v Dr M  EWCA Civ 1789
- Ward v Commissioner of Police for the Metropolis  UKHL 32
- Deputy High Court Judge, 2016
- BSc, King's College London, 1984
- MB BS, Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School, 1987
- MRCP (UK), Royal College of Physicians London, 1990
- CEDR accredited mediator