Martin is Managing Partner at Capsticks. As well as being responsible for the running of the firm, he works to deliver its strategy – providing pragmatic legal solutions for organisations particularly in the health and social care, housing, emergency services and regulatory sectors.
Martin is best known for his employment law expertise. He advises on Board-level employment and engagement issues; workforce change; complex disputes such as in relation to discrimination and whistle-blowing; and managing doctors under the national NHS framework “Maintaining High Professional Standards”.
- Chan v Barts and The London NHS Trust (High Court and Employment
- Tribunal, 2007 and 2009)
- Houshian v Lewisham Healthcare NHS Trust (Employment Tribunal2011)
- Fraser v South West London and St Georges Mental Health NHS Trust (EAT 2011)
- Elijah-Jacobs v South West London & St Georges Mental Health NHS Trust (EAT 2015)
Workforce advice on the national Physician Associates recruitment programme (2015 / 2016).
- Managing Partners Forum
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Industrial Law Society
- BA (Hons), Oxford University
Chambers/ Legal 500 rankings
Martin is ranked for employment law in the current editions of the Legal 500 and Chambers.
- Training contract qualification date: 1996
- Number of years’ experience working within employment law: 22 years