We’re a specialist health and social care sector real estate team, rather than generalists advising clients across multiple sectors - we know our sector inside out. All our lawyers routinely act for a wide range of health and social care organisations, in both the private and public sectors. We focus on minimising risks to your business whilst developing a robust strategic commercial strategy.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Care home acquisitions and disposals.
- All aspects of the development of new care homes, including building contracts. warranties and development agreements for lease.
- The real estate aspects of commercial transactions, including re-financings, secured lending, business acquisitions (whether by asset or share sale) and intra-group reorganisations.
- Alteration and refurbishment projects.
- Statutory compliance and CQC related premises issues.
- Interim and terminal dilapidations for leasehold homes.
- Operation and management agreements between landlords and operators.
- Service charge disputes rent review advice and other aspects of the landlord and tenant relationship.
- Routine property management, such as licences to carry out alterations, to assign or to sublet.
- Planning law matters including s.106 agreements, certificates of lawful use and on-going adherence to planning conditions.
- Supported living schemes and extra-care schemes.