Head of Real Estate and Primary Care, Partner
Sam is a Partner at Capsticks and heads the firm’s Real Estate department. He works with public, private and charity clients in the health and social care sector and also acts for local authorities.
Sam also leads the firm’s GP Group which specialises in acting for GP practices.
Sam specialises in high value commercial leases, property due diligence on mergers and acquisitions, major land sales, acquisitions and redevelopments, and public and privately funded major capital projects. He also has specialist expertise in relation to the funding of GP premises costs and GP surgery developments.
- Public Health England Science Hub Programme – lead partner on the acquisition of the former GlaxoSmithKline site in Harlow for £30 million in advance of £500 million development of new microbiology facilities from Porton Down
- St Bernard’s Gate development – phased land sales and associated section 106 agreements to Catalyst Housing and the Westcombe Group for £20 million for West London Mental Health NHS Trust
- High View redevelopment, Hatfield – local authority regeneration scheme with Lovell Partnerships
- National Association of Specialist Solicitors Advising Doctors (NASSAD)
- MA History, Cambridge 1998
- CPE 1999
- LPC 2000