Capsticks steps up as full-service advisor to one of the largest housing providers in the South14/03/22
Capsticks continues to be one of Sovereign Housing’s main legal advisors, following the firm’s appointment to its new, four-year legal services framework.
Sovereign, one of the leading social landlords in the UK, manages over 68,000 properties in the south of England, with the aim to build 10,000 homes over the next five years. Sovereign is investing in technology and community projects to ensure high levels of customer service and improve their residents’ quality of life.
Capsticks will be providing a broad range of legal services to the group members across five lots, including:
- Property and Development: land purchases, shared ownership leases, contract drafting, leasehold enfranchisement, planning, asset management and environmental advice, property litigation
- Finance and Securitisation: facility and loan negotiations, legal charges, finance taxation and compliance
- Governance and Regulation: charity law, compliance, corporate structures, health and safety
- Procurement and Commercial: tendering processes, contracts, breaches, litigation and data protection
- Housing Management: tenancy law and agreements, rent possession orders, tenancy management and enforcement, anti-social behaviour, leasehold disputes
Mike Owen, Client Relationship Partner, said: “We have developed a great working relationship with Sovereign over many years. Our organisations follow the same purpose: enabling communities to develop by putting people at the core of what we do and leading the way on social responsibility. Everyone at Sovereign can rely on us to provide realistic advice that will have a positive effect on their organisation and neighbourhoods.”
Susie Rogers, Partner in Housing and Regeneration, said: “With housing providers facing high amounts of pressure at the moment, our team will be a key partner to Sovereign, advising on how they can achieve their target of 10,000 new homes efficiently and in alignment with the interests of local communities. We look forward to providing them with our full expertise in all areas of housing.”
Capsticks aims to be the firm of choice for organisations who work to make a difference. Our purpose is to be the legal advisers that clients want by their side, providing innovative and practical solutions tailored to our sectors’ unique challenges. Our lawyers work together as one team with similar values: putting people first, doing the right thing and always forward thinking.