Susie is a Partner in the Housing team at Capsticks, specialising in security charging, stock rationalisation, void disposal programmes and governance within the housing sector. Susie is an expert in commercial property arrangements and in public sector funding and powers, including revenue and capital grants.
Susie leads on Capsticks’ security charging, stock rationalisation and void disposal projects. Her practical approach, contacts and understanding of what is “market norm” mean Susie and her team are able to deal with large projects with minimal fuss – hitting deadlines and ensuring capital receipts are received on time to support your business case objectives.
Susie also deals with all aspects of commercial property, from dealing with new headquarter/anchor leases to the disposal of garage portfolios, and everything in between.
Susie regularly advises housing sector clients on governance, grant funding and regulatory issues.
- Dealing with the security charging to support a £150m private placement from a US investor
- Charging 725 units (including commercial units) to secure a £50m facility from an oversees investor, new to the UK housing market
- Advising on an innvoative co-housing scheme for the over 50s in London, involving two registered housing providers and a co-operative
- Ongoing project for the acquisition of circa 70 street properties per annum for affordable rent/shared ownership use
- Numerous capital grant funding projects for supported living schemes
- Managing a review of 175 leases to establish responsibility for health and safety matters
- £220m Nottingham Treatment Centre
- £65m Brent Emergency Care and Diagnostic Centre (“BECaD”)
- Various LIFT projects
- Women in Social Housing
- BA (Hons) Nottingham University, Joint Honours in Law and Politics 1998
- Diploma in Legal Practice 2000