Rachel joined the Employment Department at Capsticks in August 2010. She advises healthcare organisations on all aspects of employment law and she has a particular interest in contentious matters including defending unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing claims.
Rachel presents training and seminar employment sessions to clients.
Rachel completed employment and clinical electives during her legal training. She then trained at Reynolds Porter Chamberlain and qualified as a solicitor in September 2002. Since qualification, Rachel has specialised in employment law, and from 2005 she has specialised in healthcare employment.
Co-wrote a guide for the Law Society titled 'Disability Discrimination Act 1995 - An essential guide for solicitors', October 2004
- BA(Hons) Philosophy, Manchester
- CPE and LPC, College of Law
- Details of any notable cases
- (1) MS F BRITO BABAPULLE v EALING HOSPITAL NHS TRUST, UKEAT/0358/12/BA
- (2) Mr C Mbubaegbu v Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust: UKEAT/0218/17/JOJ
- (3) Barts Health NHS Trust v Mrs I Kesington-Oloye: UKEAT/0137/14/M