Philip has been a Partner at Capsticks since 2002, a Nominated Partner for NHS Resolution for over 10 years and he leads the firm’s national inquest service. Philip works with clients in the health and social care, insurance and emergency services sectors to resolve and learn from claims, inquests and serious incidents.
Philip also has judicial experience, having worked for five years as an Assistant Coroner.
Philip specialises in handling inquests, inquires and clinical negligence claims on behalf of defendants. He is trusted to deliver the best possible outcomes in the most sensitive and complex cases. A client described how “Philip’s advice and support for me and my executive team has proved invaluable on many occasions. With Philip you have a proactive and personal service, always available and willing to go the extra mile.”
- Lead Solicitor to the NHS on the Jimmy Savile investigations and handled all claims arising from the abuse.
- Representing the LAS in the Inquests following the Terror Attacks at Westminster Bridge/Palace of Westminster and London Bridge/Borough Market.
- External legal advisor to the DHSC project delivery group for the Independent Investigation into Child Sexual Abuse.
- Defendant clinical negligence representative in the High Court User group and met with Lord Justice Jackson during his review into the costs of civil litigation.
- Trial wins in numerous claims ranging from small value to injuries of maximum severity worth several million pounds. Philip has also represented clients in the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court.
- Law Society
- LLB (Hons) 1991
Chambers/ Legal 500 rankings
Philip is rated as a leading individual in both directories.
In 2018 he was appointed to the Legal 500 Hall of Fame, which highlights partners who have received constant praise by their clients for continued excellence. The criteria for entry is to have been recognised by the Legal 500 as one of the elite leading lawyers for six consecutive years.