Nicola has specialised in employment law since she qualified in 2005. She joined Capsticks in 2009 prior to which she trained and was an associate at a leading city firm gaining experience in general employment and corporate transactional work.
As a Legal Director, Nicola has a wealth of experience in providing advice to employers in both the public and private sector on complex employment and strategic issues. She advises individual employers on a range of employment issues from recruitment, assisting employers with disciplinary procedures and workforce change through to the termination of employment, as well as advising at a national level on the employment implications of legislative and regulatory changes. Nicola regularly provides training and workshops to HR specialists and front line managers on a wide range of employment law topics, including legislative developments such as gender pay gap reporting and the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Employment Lawyers Association
- LLB University of East Anglia 1999
- Details of any notable cases No notable cases, however the following notable projects:
- Guidance note for NHS Employers on Gender Pay Gap Reporting
- Webinar for NHS Employers on Gender Pay Gap Reporting
- Podcast for Xpert HR on Gender Pay Gap Reporting
- Guidance note for NHS Employer on holiday pay calculations
- FAQs for NHS Employers on industrial action