Lucy is a partner in the claims team in the Birmingham office. She handles clinical negligence claims on behalf of NHS Trusts and General Practitioners on instruction from NHS Resolution.
Lucy has over 12 years’ experience in managing clinical negligence claims and has previously acted for the Medical Protection Society, private insurers and NHS Resolution.
She handles mostly high value and complex neurological injury cases and has particular experience in obstetric and wrongful birth claims. Lucy also has considerable experience of managing claims for General Practitioners and now leads a team in Birmingham handling claims against both Trusts and General Practitioners.
- Successfully defended a complex and repercussive consent claim at trial. The claim advanced sought a considerable expansion of the Montgomery test and of what is understood to be the obligations of clinicians working in the NHS both now and in the past. Had it been successful it would have placed a significant new burden on NHS clinicians. Bayley v George Elliot Hospital NHS Trust  EWHC 3398 (QB)
- Secured successful discontinuances of birth injury liability claims shortly before they were due to proceed to trial. A notable example related to a birth taking place in the early 80’s, its discontinuance proving a tremendous relief for the key elderly clinicians who were due to give evidence
- Managed a cohort of repercussive secondary victim claims to assist in resisting any expansion to the current case law
- Secured a number of discontinuances in wrongful birth claims
- Successful strike out applications and discontinuances with costs for the Medical Protection Society
Admitted as a Solicitor
- LLB Hons – Lancaster University
- LPC – College of Law, Chester
- Governor at Mary and St Chads First School, Brewood