As an experienced projects and commercial partner Lee has advised on a wide variety of major projects in health, defence and social housing acting for both private and public sector clients. Lee’s scope of services includes:
- Advising on procurement and contracts for major NHS infrastructure projects. Lee has acted on over 40 major projects in the NHS including advising NHS Trusts/FTs on:
- many PFI/PPP projects (over £100m) for healthcare facilities;
- traditional design and build projects for new £10m to £50m health buildings and campus reconfiguration (using Procure 21/22 and other bespoke procurements);
- the collapse of Carillion and the urgent procurement for a replacement contractor to complete the half-built Midland Metropolitan University Hospital;
- advice on major hospital procurement projects under the Health Infrastructure Plan programme;
- Social Housing contracts - ranging from high value procurement for works and services (including sophisticated asset maintenance and repair outsourcing arrangements) through to IT contracts and joint venture arrangements. Lee also advises on extra-care contracts and the increasing integration of health and social care with Registered Providers and local authorities and NHS bodies.
- Strategic FM Outsourcing projects related to the NHS, central government and Housing Associations, including a £1 billion FM outsourcing project for the Home Office and a £700 million FM and development outsourcing project for multiple NHS clients.
- Lead adviser on (i) the termination of the Carillion related Midland Metropolitan PFI and (ii) the successful running of two 2019 procurements to (a) stabilise the project (a £20m procurement) and (b) complete the design and construction of the hospital (a £300m procurement).
- Lead adviser to University Hospitals Leicester NHS Trust on their major HIP1 hospital reconfiguration project and advising multiple Trusts on their HIP1 and HIP2 projects.
- Lead adviser to two G15 registered providers on a “new to sector” multi-billion £ DPS repairs and maintenance services project underpinned by a new software framework provider providing real-time access to SMEs.
Admitted as a Solicitor
- LLB London School of Economics