The Network Contract DES 2020/21: Service provision26/05/20
If your primary care network (PCN) is enrolling in the Network Contract Directed Enhanced Service (DES) 2020/21 there are some key changes along with important dates that you should note. We outline the key dates and what must be provided below.
The 2020/21 DES requires PCNs to put arrangements in place with:
- community providers by 30 September 2020
- community mental health Providers by 31 March 2021
- community pharmacists by 31 March 2021
- a link worker.
What services must be provided and when?
- Extended hours access in the form of additional clinical appointments outside of core hours. Unless a practice has prior written approval from the Commissioner, no practice will be entitled to be closed for half a day a week.
31 July 2020
- Enhanced Health in Care Homes—you are required to agree with the Commissioner which care homes your PCN is going to be responsible for and work with local partners to plan the delivery of the service.
30 September 2020
- Work with community service providers to establish and co-ordinate a multidisciplinary team to deliver the Enhanced Health in Care Homes Service;
- Establish arrangements for the development of personalised care and support plans for people living in your care homes.
1 October 2020
- Structured Medication Review (SMR) and Medicines Optimisation working with community pharmacies.
31 March 2021
- Establish protocols with system partners for information sharing, shared care planning, use of shared records and clear clinical governance (you must commence delivery of service from 1 October 2020)
- Manage formal commencement of Early Cancer Diagnosis
- A PCN must provide a Social Prescribing Service
Your Network Agreement must clarify how delivery of these services will take place.
How can Capsticks help?
At Capsticks we dealt with the establishment of approximately 100 primary care networks, across the country in 2019 and have wide experience in dealing with updates and variations made since then.
If you would like any further information about the updates you must make to your Network Agreement in light of the Network Contract DES 2020/21 and any additional amendments you may require as a result of how your PCN operates, please contact Neha Shah, Puja Solanki or Sam Hopkins.