Sunita qualified as a solicitor in the Real Estate department at Capsticks in 2008.
Sunita’s work focuses on advising a variety of NHS Trusts including acute, mental health and ambulance trusts and other public sector bodies over a wide range of commercial property work. This includes acquisitions and disposals of properties, landlord and tenant transactions and property management advice.
Sunita has a wide range of healthcare property experience gained from acting for a number of organisations, and she is the day to day advisor for a leading ambulance foundation trust in relation to the on-going rationalisation project for its estate and, in particular, advice on the acquisition of land for development and the disposal of surplus land. She is also currently advising an NHS foundation trust’s on a £300 million hospital redevelopment which involves the sale of half of the trust’s site to a housing developer coupled with a new hospital build on the remaining half.
Sunita’s work in the Real Estate department includes:
- Acquisition of redevelopment and leasehold properties
- Hospital retail concourse development projects.
- Sales of surplus land sites and other land transfers including complex title investigations and Section 106 Agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating leases and underleases (including NHS LIFT Lease Plus Agreements and Sub-Lease Plus Agreements) agreements for lease and licences to occupy, alter, assign and underlet.
- Reporting on title and due diligence on land disposals and acquisitions.
- large scale occupancy regularisation projects
- Acquisition of multiple leasehold properties for a police authority’s “safer neighbourhoods” scheme.
- Advice in line with the principles set out in Estatecode.
- general landlord and tenant law including licences to alter, licences to underlet, rent reviews and wayleave agreements
- South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust – lead associate on the Trust’s extensive ten year programme on reconfiguring their entire 120 site estate across Kent, Surrey and Sussex including freehold acquisitions, leasehold acquisitions of response posts, and associated disposal programme for surplus sites.
- Frimley NHS Foundation Trust – leading on the Trust’s £300million redevelopment of its existing hospital site and disposal of part.
- North West London University Healthcare NHS Trust – retail concourse redevelopment project at Northwick Park Hospital and Pathology Services Contract Project with The Doctors Laboratory.
- Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust – supporting the procurement and delivery of satellite radiotherapy services.
- LLB (Hons) Kings College London, 2004
- Legal Practice Course, 2006