Sunita qualified as a solicitor in the Real Estate department at Capsticks in 2008.
Sunita’s work focuses on advising health and social care bodies, emergency service organisations, higher education and other public sector bodies over a wide range of commercial property work.
This includes high value acquisitions and disposals, student and staff accommodation schemes, new developments as well as day-to-day landlord and tenant transactions and property management advice.
Sunita has an extensive healthcare practice and acts for a large number of NHS Trusts. In particular, she advises on the acquisition of land for development, including new hospitals builds as part of the Government’s Health Infrastructure Plan.
She is also currently advising an NHS foundation trust’s on a circa. £100 million hospital redevelopment which involves the sale of half of the site to a major housing developer coupled with a new hospital build on the remaining half.
In 2019, Sunita acted on three of the largest NHS land sales in 19/20 which generated revenue in excess of £75 million.
Sunita also leads the on the firm’s Emergency Services estates offering. She has worked with Ambulance Trusts, Fire and Rescue Services and Police Forces across the country on major capital and transformation projects, including new station developments, disposals of redundant sites, co-location and joint ventures with local authorities and other emergency service organisations.
Sunita’s other work in the Real Estate department includes:
- Acquisition of for redevelopment and leasehold properties
- Sales of surplus land sites and other land transfers including complex title investigations and Section 106 Agreements.
- Staff/Student accommodation schemes with third party developers and funders
- Hospital retail concourse development projects.
- Large scale occupancy regularisation projects
- Acquisition of multiple leasehold properties for a police authority’s “safer neighbourhood” scheme.
- Advice in line with the principles set out in Estatecode.
Notable healthcare projects
- South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust – lead associate on the Trust’s extensive ten year programme on reconfiguring their entire 120 site estate across Kent, Surrey and Sussex including freehold acquisitions, leasehold acquisitions of response posts, and associated disposal programme for surplus sites
- Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust – leading on the Trust’s £300million redevelopment of its existing hospital site and disposal of part.
- North West London University Healthcare NHS Trust – retail concourse redevelopment project at Northwick Park Hospital and Pathology Services Contract Project with The Doctors Laboratory.
- Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust – supporting the procurement and delivery of satellite radiotherapy services.
- LLB (Hons) Kings College London, 2004
- Legal Practice Course, 2006