Marsha is a Senior Solicitor in the Employment Team. She specialises in advising on a range of contentious and non-contentious matters for healthcare, emergency services, housing and charity clients.
Marsha has particular expertise in conducting Employment Tribunal cases from inception to final hearings. Marsha assists clients to defend Employment Tribunal claims, ranging from unfair dismissal claims, to high value, complex discrimination claims, whistleblowing and victimisation claims. She also conducts her own Preliminary Hearings on behalf of her clients.
Marsha regularly advises clients on day-to-day employment related matters, such as performance management, the handling of disciplinaries and grievances and sickness absence management.
Marsha also has experience of drafting settlement agreements, employment contracts, HR policies and Staff Handbooks.
Marsha prepares and delivers training to Managers, HR professionals and organisations on a range of employment law topics.
- Acted for a national chain of care homes and successfully developed a new internal employee complaints procedure which was implemented across the business.
- Acted for a national advertising company and successfully defended a complex unfair dismissal and sex discrimination claim involving an employee who had made inflammatory remarks about his employer on Facebook.
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Association of Women Solicitors
- Black Solicitors Network
- Diploma in French and French Law, Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3, France, 2001
- BA (honours) Law with French, London Guildhall University, 2002
- Legal Practice Course, College of Law, London, 2004
- Training contract qualification date: 1 August 2008
- Progressed to senior solicitor: 1 July 2017