Mark is a Partner in the Primary Care Team who advises on a range of commercial, corporate and transactional for both NHS and private sector clients. Mark has previously led a London healthcare team at a specialist healthcare firm.
Mark specialises in primary care having drafted several iterations of the national primary medical services contracts and the primary medical services schedule of the model NHS Standard Contract. Mark’s work focusses on:
- Integrated Care Alliances and Systems
- Contractual and regulatory matters
- Partnership Deeds
- Primary Care Networks and corporate vehicles for PCNs
- Mergers and acquisitions
- GP Federations, collaborations and super-partnerships
- Incorporation of GP practices
Mark also has built a reputation as a specialist dental solicitor with expertise in the acquisition and sale of dental practices as well as advising dental schools and LDCs on a range of primary dental contract matters.
- Acting for Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust on several acquisitions of GP practices as part of the Better Local Care (Hampshire) MCP Vanguard.
- Advising on the model and set up of one of a national virtual primary care service provider.
- Advising on the acquisition of a dental corporate with a turnover of over £150million.
- “Dispute resolution: improving your chances of success” Dentistry, Dec 2007
- “Moving from NHS to private: ending your NHS contract”, How to private” FMC, 2007/08 edition
- “A week in mourning”, The Dentist July/August 2009 (alternatively published as “Life after death for GDS Contract” NASDA)
- “Prescriptive PDS+”, The Dentist, 2010
Legal 500 Rankings
- Legal 500 - 2020 - ‘Mark Jarvis is very happy to spend time understanding the details of the problems clients are facing.’
- Legal 500 - 2021 – “Mark Jarvis, is an expert in M&A and advising on primary dental care contracts.”
Admitted as a Solicitor
- Law LLB (Hons) City University 2002
- Legal Practice Course 2003