Katrina is a Legal Director, specialising in procurement and commercial advice. Katrina works on large scale projects, advising on all aspects of procurement strategy and compliance and drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
Katrina has worked in the social housing sector since her training in 1999 and therefore has vast experience of this sector and the changes it has undergone.
Through her specialism in procurement, Katrina and has also worked with a range of public bodies, including NHS Trusts, Foundation Trusts and CCGs.
Katrina supports our clients on all aspects of their procurements including:
- reviewing procurement strategies;
- ensuring compliance with the Public Contracts Regulations 2015;
- drafting tender documents and questionnaires;
- attending dialogue/negotiation meetings;
- advising on the selection and evaluation process;
- setting up Framework Agreements and Dynamic Purchasing Systems (DPS) and using nationally established versions; and
- contract extensions and other changes.
She also works closely with the Housing and Regeneration team on development transactions, identifying where “works contracts” will form part of the transaction or where exemptions may apply to bring the transaction outside of the procurement regulations.
Katrina also advises on contractual arrangements such as IT contracts, management agreements, service level agreements and grant funding arrangements. She was heavily involved in the “Supporting People” programme and enjoys working on projects in the care and support field.
- Advising on the procurement of an innovative Dynamic Purchasing System for the provision of repairs in the housing sector and a supplier framework to deliver the IT platform
- Working with a housing provider to put in place Framework Agreements for the provision of repairs, maintenance and compliance across their property portfolio
- Advising on procurement strategy in relation to a complex NHS construction project, including the conduct of Competitive Dialogue procedures.
Admitted as a Solicitor
- Law Society
- LLB Hons – University of Warwick
- LPC College of Law Guildford