Legal Director, Responsible Business
John is a Legal Director in the litigation team and specialises in advising on a range of contentious matters for healthcare, emergency services, housing and charity clients. He also acts for regulatory clients, including the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
John has particular experience of handling high value contract litigation and civil fraud disputes for healthcare clients and social landlords. In addition, John has considerable knowledge in the area of reputation management and has advised on defamation law issues and privacy allegations, involving both social media platforms and the print media.
John has an established practice working for regulatory clients, particularly the Solicitors Regulation Authority for whom he has worked on several high profile cases. He has also acted as an advocate at procedural hearings.
- Advising major public sector client on multi-million pound IT dispute;
- Advising NHS organisation on responding to defamatory remarks on Facebook and Twitter.
- Advising social landlord in relation to defamatory footage posted on YouTube.
- Successful High Court summary judgment application against litigant-in-person suing senior NHS manager for defamation.
- Acting for SRA in high profile cases of SRA v Alan Blacker (aka Lord Harley) (2016) and SRA v Burton/Drury (2016)
- Young Legal Aid Solicitors
- Board member for the Love Wimbledon BID (Business Improvement District)
- LLB (Hons) Bristol University, 2007
- Legal Practice Course, University of West England, 2009
- John was shortlisted at The Law Society’s Excellence Awards 2013 - ‘Junior Solicitor of the Year’ and ‘Associate/Assistant Solicitor of the Year’ at the 2013 British Legal Awards.