Chloe is a Legal Director in the employment and pensions team and specialises in advising a range of health and social care clients in relation to complex employment tribunals and internal employee relations processes. Chloe has worked as a healthcare lawyer throughout her career. She has extensive knowledge of the issues affecting the sector and experience advising NHS organisations on a wide range of employment issues.
Chloe has particular expertise in supporting her clients in defending employment tribunal claims, in particular in relation to whistle blowing and discrimination. Chloe works closely with HR teams in managing complex internal investigations and hearings, including in relation to managing medical practitioners under the MHPS. She advises on settlement agreements and exit arrangements for senior staff. Chloe provides bespoke training for clients on a variety of topics.
- Successfully defending a complex race discrimination and constructive unfair dismissal claim, resulting in dismissal of all claims and a successful costs application for the Trust’s full legal costs of defending the claim.
- Advising a CCG client in relation to a whistle blowing claim, including successfully defending an interim relief application and achieving a strike out by the Tribunal, saving substantial costs to the organisation.
- Advising a Trust’s Company Secretary and HR Director in relation to a highly confidential whistle blowing investigation.
- Supporting a Trust on the dismissal of a medical practitioner on the grounds of some other substantial reason, with no resulting Tribunal claim.
- Advising a Trust on a constructive dismissal claim by its Chief Executive and successfully obtaining approval for settlement from NHSI.
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Law Society
- BA(Hons) University of Birmingham Post Graduate Diploma in Law, 2002
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law (2002) and Legal Practice Course (2003) – College of Law, Birmingham
- Training contract qualification date: 15 September 2006
- Progressed to associate: 1 May 2015