Charlotte is a Partner with day-to-day responsibility for the team of solicitors in Birmingham who handle a portfolio of clinical negligence claims on behalf of NHS Trusts on instruction from NHS Resolution.
Charlotte handles a range of maximum value and complexity claims across all medical specialities. She has a particular interest in cerebral palsy birth injury claims. She is experienced in all forms of ADR including representing Trusts at mediation.
Charlotte regularly handles sensitive fatal claims and works closely with the team in Birmingham who represent NHS Trusts at associated inquests.
Charlotte has significant experience of defending Trusts up to trial. She also has considerable experience in securing recovery of costs.
Charlotte runs and lectures on the Capsticks Diploma in Clinical Risk and Claims Management in Birmingham and regularly delivers talks for Midlands clients at Capsticks’ regional Clinical Risk Forums.
- Instructed by NHS Resolution in the case of Dalton v Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust  EWHC 832 (QB) arising from a delay in diagnosis of breast cancer, securing dismissal of the claim on both breach of duty and causation at trial.
- Successfully defended the Trust at trial in Lopez v George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust , an orthopaedic claim in which there was no contemporaneous evidence of the symptoms allegedly complained of.
- Instructed in the case of Welsh v Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust  EWHC 2491 (QB) and secured an issue based costs order against the Claimant’s solicitors, where they had pursued a point which was not properly arguable to trial, which had occupied much of the Court’s time.
- Successfully secured payment of two wasted costs orders against a firm of solicitors following their discontinuance of the case close to trial.
Admitted as a Solicitor
- LLB Hons – University of Birmingham
- LPC – College of Law, Birmingham
- Birmingham Law Society