Aley is a Partner in the Employment department and manages a team of lawyers providing the full range of employment law advice to health, police, fire and social care clients. Aley has a particular focus on working with emergency services clients, leading the firm’s development of this sector in the employment team.
Aley has particular expertise in issues arising from the implementation of GDPR in relation to workforce matters, workforce streamlining, collaboration and efficiency projects. She also regularly advises on contractual pay disputes, including several large scale multi-party disputes concerning national terms and conditions and the impact of local polices in relation to the same.
Aley has also successfully conducted numerous employment tribunal cases, ranging from unfair dismissal to more complex trade union and discrimination claims.
- Kuteh v Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust (currently on appeal to Court of Appeal A2/2018/0562)
- Andrews v Kings College NHS Foundation Trust & Anor UKEAT/0304/13/RN (part time employee pensions claim)
- North Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust v Bone UKEAT/0352/12/KN (detriment for trade union activities)
- Instructed in three linked discrimination Tribunal claims against a police service listed for a total of 13 weeks.
- Advised a consortium of Trusts on a workforce portability project which went on to win the HPMA Award for Innovation 2018.
- Advised on a Part 8 High Court claim concerning the correct interpretation of NHS national terms and conditions.
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Legal Practice Course, BPP, Distinction, 2008
- LLB Law with French, First Class, University of Hull, 2007
- Diploma in French Law, Mention Bien, Université Grenobles Alpes, France, 2006
- Training contract qualification date: 15 September 2018
- Progressed to associate: 1 May 2016