Clinical negligence for the NHS
Capsticks' record of defending clinical negligence and catastrophic injury cases for the NHS is outstanding.
Not only does our team of experienced lawyers assist our clients with litigation but we also advise on a variety of legal matters before and after litigation such as instigation and handling of complaints, serious incident reports, risk management and reputation management following adverse incidents.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Advising on how to respond to complaints by patients.
- Reviewing and assisting with the preparation of Serious Incident reports.
- Attendance at Inquests and assessing the wider implications arising from an Inquest.
- Defending civil negligence claims for the NHS in all areas of medicine ranging from complex high value birth injury or spinal surgery litigation through to low value minor fractures.
- Handling large group litigation clinical negligence claims against NHS Trusts.