GDPR support for HR - Be one step ahead of May's deadline22/03/18
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will have a significant impact on how organisations deal with the personal data of their workforce. The GDPR comes into force on 25 May 2018 and the Information Commissioner’s Office has made clear that data controllers need to be in a position where they are able to show how they are discharging their obligations on 25 May and going forward.
As the GDPR is such a complex regulation, we have created a practical GDPR product for HR departments in order to assist with the process of demonstrable compliance and help you to be one step ahead.
The product consists of:
- a guidance note, which breaks down the GDPR into the most important points for HR professionals to take away;
- template HR personal data register;
- checklist for HR professionals reviewing their organisation's data protection policy;
- new data protection clause for contracts of employment;
- privacy/ fair processing notice; and
- Data Protection Officer job description.
Our infographic shares the key implications and how our information law specialists can help in each area, beyond just HR.