Build, build, build! Issues in construction procurement for 2020
With the impact of COVID-19 and the lockdown period being felt across the country, Boris Johnson has put forward his ‘New Deal’ to boost the struggling UK economy and to address the ongoing issue of the UK’s housing shortage.
Please join us for this webinar which will discuss the issues impacting upon construction procurement in 2020. It will comprise three speakers, followed by an opportunity to ask questions.
Katrina Day of Capstickswill be looking at the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on procurement including:
- Changing your procurement requirements
- Discontinuing your procurement
- Changing an existing contract
- Speeding up procurement
Lee Clarke of Capsticks will discuss the impact of COVID-19 on current and upcoming construction and development projects, focusing on:
- How typical contract clauses deal with COVID-19
- What changes contractors are seeking on new projects
- Market forces, supply chain issues and security
Building safety programme technical guidance
Russell Poynter-Brown, Chief Executive of On-Pole will summarise the emerging guidance supporting forthcoming legislation with particular emphasis on:
- Strategic rather than transactional procurement
- Intelligent data-driven design, specification and delivery
- Supply chain integration
- Cultural change and behaviours
This webinar will be suitable for anyone interested in procurement, construction contracting and building safety issues in the housing and local authority sector.
If you have any queries about this event or would like to tell us about your dietary or access requirements then please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that unless otherwise stated our events are free to attend. Places at our events are subject to availability and awarded at the discretion of Capsticks. If space becomes limited at this event and we may need to restrict numbers attending from individual organisations.