Steve is a Partner in the Corporate and Commercial division at Capsticks. He advises both private and public sector clients on corporate and commercial matters with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, restructuring and joint ventures. Steve focuses on the health, housing and care sectors, having developed an impressive track record in transactional work in the context of the particular regulatory and constitutional environments applicable in these sectors.
Steve advises on all matters in relation to corporate transactions, funding, structuring and joint venture arrangements. Steve has particular expertise in advising in relation to:
- corporate transactions involving community benefit societies and other corporate forms as well as Companies Act companies;
- the regulatory context for corporate joint ventures in the health sector including in the context of the Competition and Markets Authority Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order 2014.
- Advising on private equity investment in and acquisition of a Harley Street private hospital.
- Advising on private equity acquisition of a carehomes information business.
- Advising on transfer of engagements between two registered providers of social housing.
- Advising on the acquisition by an NHS Foundation Trust of a NHS mental Health Trust.
- Advising housing and health clients on entry into and dissolution of subsidiary companies. Including entry into joint venture arrangements involving corporate and contractual vehicles.
- LLM UCL 2011
- CPE London Met 2004
- BA Hons Bristol University 1994