Peter has 30 years’ experience of advising healthcare and other organisations on their governance, legal powers and decision-making. During this time he has been involved in some of the most complex and sensitive employment and public law cases in the public sector. He is also an experienced trainer who delivers a wide range of workshops and seminars to our clients, and is currently a tutor on the online Diploma in Advanced Primary Care Management that Capsticks is delivering in conjunction with the National Association of Primary Care and the Healthcare Finance Management Association.
His expertise includes:
- Governance, structures, powers and duties of public bodies;
- Public involvement and consultation on healthcare service changes;
- Contentious and non-contentious employment law including major organisational changes, service transfers and TUPE; executive appointments and terminations and the development and implementation of new workforce models.
- BA (Oxon), 1987
Chambers/ Legal 500 rankings
Hall of Fame, Legal 500
- 'Service Reconfiguration, Consultation and Judicial Review', Edwards P et al, 2009
- Managing conflicts of interest in clinical commissioning groups – NHS Confederation/RCGP (2011)
SRA Transparency Info
- Training contract qualification date: September 1990