Mike is an Associate in the Housing team, specialising in non-contentious commercial property, securitisation and stock rationalisation for Registered Providers. He also heads up a team dealing with large scale residential property disposals, both in the open market and at auction.
Mike has worked with RP’s dealing with both their own income producing commercial property and their own HQ buildings. He has experience of securitisation in both the private and RP sector, investigating and reporting on complex legal titles, advising on restrictive covenants and overcoming title difficulties. He has both been part of a team and lead on stock rationalisation projects for major regional RP’s and has a thorough understanding of the issues involved in such deals.
- Acting for a leading South West Registered Provider in obtaining secured lending worth £26 million over 10 residential developments.
- Lead on the £18 million stock rationalisation programme involving 10 sites in the South West between Registered Providers.
- Assisting a number of RP’s with the provision of Extra Care by preparing occupational leases and working in conjunction with governance colleagues.
- Southampton Property Association; Law Society
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law, College of Law 1995
Chambers/ Legal 500 rankings
Mike was listed in the Legal 500 2017 as a “Next Generation” Lawyer