Daniel joined Capsticks from Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in June 2010 and is an Associate in the Real Estate department. Over the course of his eight years at Capsticks Daniel has acted for an wide range of clients including NHS provider and commissioning organisations, Community Health Partnerships Limited, emergency services, charities, social enterprises and GP practices on a diverse portfolio of commercial property transactions.
Daniel is well versed in all aspects of commercial property law but has particularly extensive experience of high value disposals of surplus land, often against a background of significant political considerations.
Daniel has an established practice acting for GP practices on the leasing, acquisition and disposal of surgery premises including the development of new premises and intra-partnership transfers.
Daniel regularly assists his clients with the management of their estate both from a practical and legal perspective, including strategical decisions in respect of estate sharing between organisations providing similar services (and documenting those sharing arrangements accordingly).
- Acting for a London based NHS Trust on the disposal of a former acute hospital site to the local authority.
- Acting for an NHS commissioning organisation on the acquisition and development of a former school site for use as a child development centre.
- Advising a number of GP practices in respect of the development and acquisition of new surgery premises and vacation of their existing premises (via sale or lease surrender), including on negotiations with NHS England in connection with rent reimbursement.
- Advising a Crown body on its lease of its new headquarters in Manchester.
- Advising a social enterprise on a portfolio of leases to be entered into at various healthcare premises upon commencement of its NHS service contract, thereby facilitating the provision of services in accordance with that contract.
Admitted as a Solicitor
- University of Cambridge, Law, MA (BA) Hons,
- Diploma in Legal Practice – Nottingham Law School