Andrew is an Associate in the Public Law team, having originally trained at Capsticks. He now leads on much of the firm’s information law work across litigation, advisory and transactional matters for healthcare, housing, emergency service, and regulatory clients. Andrew is an expert on public law in the healthcare context, and in particular on the powers and duties of NHS bodies and ensuring lawful decision making. He also provides advice on a wide range of broader advisory and risk issues, including mental health and mental capacity law, drugs and pharmaceuticals, and complaints management. He regularly gives training for clients on the above issues.
Andrew has a wide range of experience in information law work, including successfully representing clients in the High Court and County Court in confidentiality related issues; in the Tribunals on Freedom of Information Act matters; and before the Information Commissioner on data protection issues including helping clients manage proposed enforcement action. He has drafted a wide range of information sharing agreements, policies and other governance documentation. He is instructed regularly in Court of Protection matters, responses to threatened judicial reviews, and supports clients out-of-hours as part of our emergency advice service.
- Provided healthcare law due diligence on the £230m acquisition of an 80% share of a blood plasma resourcing facility by a private capital house.
- 3 month full-time client secondment.
- Successfully represented clients as both an appellant and second respondent in the First Tier Tribunal (Information Rights) as well as the Upper Tier Tribunal.
- Specialist in the recovery of lost confidential information, including through recovery via urgent injunctions for delivery up.
- Regularly advises on sensitive NHS Foundation Trust governance issues.
- Currently advising on a major judicial review challenge against the reconfiguration of hospital services.
- National Association Of Data Protection Officers
- BA, History, York, 2008
- LLB, Law, College of Law, 2010