Alistair is a Partner in the Employment Division and manages the employment team in the Leeds office, who provide advice on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law in the healthcare sector, the police and emergency services sector and for local authorities and charities. Alistair leads on the firm’s employment work for GP practices and Primary Care Networks.
As well as dealing with complex Employment Tribunal cases, Alistair regularly advises and provides support on a variety of employment issues including policy reviews, organisational change, collective consultation, redundancy, complex disciplinary and grievance issues, MHPS and whistleblowing. Alistair has particular experience of advising commissioners and providers on a wide variety of TUPE matters including in connection with the dissolution/merger of organisations and service provision change.
- Advising an NHS organisation about their employment agency and bank staff including the negotiation of the commercial agreement.
- Successfully defending a complex post-termination whistleblowing detriment claim against an NHS organisation.
- Provided TUPE advice to a number of NHS organisations in connection with the creation of corporate vehicles.
- Advising GP practices on TUPE and employment issues relating to Primary Care Networks and the various employment models.
- Successfully defending an application for an injunction in the High Court relating to the dismissal of a Consultant and a subsequent Employment Tribunal claim for unfair dismissal, race and age discrimination.
Admitted as a Solicitor
- Safeguarding Governor, Fulneck School
- BA Environmental Management (University of Leeds) 2002;
- Graduate Diploma in Law (Leeds Metropolitan University) 2004;
- Legal Practice Course (Leeds Metropolitan University) 2006