Alistair is an Associate in the employment team and advises on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law in the healthcare sector. He acts for Trusts, CCGs, CSUs, GPs and NHS England, as well as for private healthcare providers.
As well as dealing with complex Employment Tribunal cases, Alistair regularly advises healthcare organisations and provides support to their HR teams on a variety of employment issues including policy reviews, organisational change, collective consultation, redundancy, complex disciplinary and grievance issues and whistleblowing .
Alistair has particular experience of advising commissioners and providers on a wide variety of TUPE matters including in connection with the dissolution/merger of organisations (including partnerships) and the TUPE/COSOP implications relating to existing service contracts and second generation outsourcing and in-housing.
- Advising an NHS organisation about their employment agency and bank staff including the negotiation of the commercial agreement.
- Successfully defending a complex post-termination whistleblowing detriment claim against an NHS organisation.
- Provided TUPE advice to a number of NHS organisations in connection with the creation of corporate vehicles.
- Successfully defending an application for an injunction in the High Court relating to the dismissal of a Consultant and a subsequent Employment Tribunal claim for unfair dismissal, race and age discrimination.
- Safeguarding Governor, Fulneck School
- BA Environmental Management (University of Leeds) 2002;
- Graduate Diploma in Law (Leeds Metropolitan University) 2004;
- Legal Practice Course (Leeds Metropolitan University) 2006
- Training contract qualification date: 15 March 2011
- Progressed to senior solicitor: 1 May 2017