Rory is an experienced barrister with a particular interest in professional discipline. He has spent much of his career prosecuting registered professionals before their regulatory bodies.
Rory mainly acts for statutory regulators including the SRA, the GDC, the GPhC and the NMC. In addition to conducting first instance proceedings, he increasingly undertakes appellate work. A confident and persuasive advocate, he is courteous, sensitive and professional in his dealings with all service users.
- Successfully defended the SRA against a statutory appeal in the Administrative Court
- Secured the erasure of a dentist for multiple clinical and record keeping failings over a period of years
- Obtained the removal of a pharmacist for stealing significant funds from his local pharmaceutical committee
- Hon. Soc. Middle Temple
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers
- BA (Hons) English 1st class, University College London, 2007
- Graduate Diploma in Law, College of Law, 2008
- Bar Vocational Course, College of Law, 2009
- Called to the Bar, 2009
- Queen Mother Scholarship (2008)