Mark Paget Skelin
Mark is a Partner in the real estate team with over 20 years’ experience. He heads Capsticks’ real estate work for NHS providers nationally, and also leads Capsticks education sector group. Mark has a particular interest in bringing together NHS, higher education and housing clients to work on innovative joint venture estates development projects.
Mark specialises in advising public sector bodies on their estates projects, site disposals and redevelopments, strategic advice on estates reconfiguration programmes, joint ventures and keyworker accommodation and step down development projects. He has extensive expertise in structuring innovative estates arrangements within complex projects, including the first ever NHS sale and leaseback arrangement and the first ever NHS acquisition of a private sector hospital site.
Mark lectures widely on public sector estates issues, and he devises and runs the Capsticks estates seminar programme for NHS clients.
- Nottingham Queens Medical Centre Independent Sector Treatment Centre for Nations Healthcare Limited (£220m)
- Estates reconfiguration programmes for South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS FT and Hillingdon Hospitals NHS FT
- Keyworker accommodation projects for many NHS providers including Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust, East and North Herts Hospitals NHS Trust, Frimley Health NHS FT, and Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
- The Law Society
- Law Society Property Section
- LLB (Hons) London School of Economics
- LSF - College of Law Chester 1993