Mark Paget Skelin
Mark became a partner in Capsticks’ Real Estate & Construction team in 2002. Mark has 20 years’ experience of supporting NHS bodies in real estate transactions and providing legal advice on all aspects of property law.
Mark has a particular interest in green lease issues and their impact on the NHS built environment. He specialises in supporting and advising NHS provider foundation trusts and NHS trusts on their estates projects and strategic advice, together with surplus land disposals and site acquisitions, trust-wide estate rationalisation programmes, overcoming title difficulties, negotiating overage and clawback provisions, section 106 agreements, keyworker accommodation schemes and all aspects of lease negotiations and development agreements. This includes NHS leases with GPs and local authorities. In addition, Mark provides advice to emergency services clients.
Mark also acts on third party development projects, innovative sale and leaseback arrangements, Transforming Community Services projects, other PPP primary healthcare schemes, and he advises and lectures widely on NHS estates issues and NHS Estatecode compliance in the context of land and property transactions.
- South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust Estates Reconfiguration Programme across Surrey, Sussex and Kent
- £220m Nottingham Queens Medical Centre ISTC (Nations Healthcare Limited)
- £47m Barking & Havering LIFT (tranches 1, 2 and 3), Barking & Dagenham and Havering PCTs and Partnerships for Health Limited
- £23m staff accommodation, Barking Havering and Redbridge, Barnet Healthcare and South Bucks NHS Trusts
- £10m QEII staff accommodation scheme, East & North Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- East Surrey Hospital staff accommodation scheme, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
‘PropCo’s Prescription’, Estates Gazette, Mark Paget Skelin, June 2012
‘Strategic Asset Management’, Health Service Journal, Mark Paget Skelin, 2007
‘Beware the Hazards when offloading a freehold’, Health Service Journal, Mark Paget Skelin and David Firth, July 2004
LLB (Hons) London School of Economics
The Law Society
Law Society Property Section