Laurence has extensive experience in both the United Kingdom and United States advising lenders and borrowers, capital markets’ arrangers, originators and issuers and investors at all levels of the capital structure. He advises commercial and investment banks, investment funds, private equity sponsors, capital markets’ issuers and privately held corporations.
Laurence focuses his practice on banking and finance transactions, including securitisations and other capital markets’ transactions, leveraged finance and real estate finance transactions and debt restructuring.
Laurence has worked in both London and Los Angeles while serving as an associate in the finance practices of two major US law firms. His prior experience also includes serving in the commercial real estate loan origination and securitisation group of an investment bank in London.
- A series of pan-European CMBS transactions ranging in issuance size from £350 million to €2 billion.
- A European investment fund in its US$100 million financing by an international development bank.
- The equity sponsor in its €300mm leveraged acquisition of a European clothing group.
- A major bank in respect of its £650mm real estate loan facility to a private equity firm acquiring a distressed real estate portfolio in the United Kingdom.
- A major bank in its US$700 million refinancing of an Indonesian coal conglomerate’s second lien debt secured by collateral in Europe, Asia and Australia.A US investment fund in its US$250 million debt financing and equity investment in a major Los Angeles-based media production company.
- A US investment fund as secured creditor in concurrent cross-border proceedings pursuant to Canada’s Company Creditors’ Arrangement Act and Chapter 15 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- A leading financial institution as agent in its US$300 million out-of-court refinancing and recapitalization of a hotel services company.
- England & Wales, 2000
- California, Unites States of America, 2008
- University of Sussex, BA, 1995, Premier Division, Second Class Honours
- The College of Law, London, CPE, 1997
- The College of Law, London, LPC, 1998, Commendation