Jamie is a Partner in the Commercial team and advises a broad spectrum of healthcare, social care, housing and charity clients on a range contracting, procurement, projects, competition and transactional work.
Jamie specialises in leading ‘first in kind transactions’ for clients and has extensive competition law experience having been on secondment at the competition directorate of NHS Improvement as well as leading the first and only Found Not to Qualify reference issued by the Competition and Markets Authority in relation to the NHS services and the first whole NHS foundation trust acquisition to be cleared by the CMA.
- East of England Transforming Pathology Services procurement. This was a seven party transformation of pathology services in line with the Carter report (implementing a contractual, hosted joint venture). The advice included obtaining the first and to date only “Found Not To Qualify” decision in relation to NHS shared services.
- Hinchingbrooke Franchising Arrangements. Advised the team at Circle Healthcare in relation to the first statutory franchise agreement in England.
- Trust Special Administration of South London Healthcare NHS Trust. Advised the NHS TDA on the first exercise of the primary legislation and associated procurement and competition issues.
- Trust Special Administration of Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust, advising University Hospital of North Staffordshire NHS Trust on its acquisition of Cannock Chase hospital. Advising on the merger of Frimley Park Hospital NHS Foundation Trust with Heatherwood and Wexham Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust including obtaining the first merger clearance from the CMA for whole FT mergers.
- Advising three providers in relation to the committee in common and joint working arrangements required to implement the Essex Success Regime and which arrangements form the basis of National guidance;
- Acting for Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust on several acquisitions of GP practices as part of the Better Local Care (Hampshire) MCP Vanguard.
- Acting for Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust on its Strategic Research Agreement with Sensyne Health to allow Sensyne to analyse anonymised patient data using clinical artificial intelligence technology.
- Law (Euro LLB) from the University of Bristol
- Professional Diploma in Legal Practice from Nottingham Law School