Fionnuala joined Hogan Lovells on qualification and moved to Capsticks in June 2018 as a Solicitor in the Real Estate department. Since qualification Fionnuala has acted for an wide range of clients including NHS provider and commissioning organisations, emergency services, charities, social enterprises and GP practices on a diverse portfolio of commercial property transactions.
Fionnuala is well versed in all aspects of commercial property law but has particularly extensive experience of assisting public sector organisations with their general estate management including leasing, acquisition and disposal of premises (including the development of new premises).
Fionnuala has also acted on a number of high value disposals of surplus land, often against a background of significant political considerations. She has recently acted for a large NHS Trust in the disposal of a working hospital site and dealt with the drafting and negotiation of all ancillary documents whilst providing advice from a practical and legal perspective, including taking strategic decisions.
- Acting for an NHS commissioning organisation on negotiating several underleases of office premises at the same building, conditional on landlord works.
- Acting for a large NHS Trust on the disposal of a working hospital for residential development for a value of £60,000,000.
- Receiving repeat instructions to act for a landlord in the process of improving and refitting units within a building for occupation by charities and local authorities, and drafting agreements for lease and leases tailored to each tenant’s requirements.
- Advising a CIC on its lease and licence for alterations of its new headquarters in Lowestoft.
- Advising a London NHS Trust on a portfolio of leases to be entered into at various healthcare premises upon commencement of its NHS service contract, thereby facilitating the provision of services in accordance with that contract.
- University of Manchester, (LLB)
- Diploma in Legal Practice – University of Law, Birmingham