Emma is a Barrister in the Clinical Law Division. She was called to the Bar in 2018 and completed her pupillage in criminal law. Prior to coming to the Bar, Emma practised as a speech and language therapist, working primarily with adult patients in hospital and medical settings. She managed an NHS hospital speech and language therapy service and established and ran her own private practice. Emma has also held academic positions in the Division of Language and Communication Science at City, University of London and the Medical School at UCL.
Emma brings her experience as a health professional to her work in the inquests and clinical advisory teams. She is able to quickly grasp complex clinical issues and provide understanding and insightful support to clients and their professional witnesses.
Admitted as a Barrister
- LLM City, University of London (Distinction)
- BPTC City, University of London (Outstanding)
- GDL University of Sussex (Distinction)
- PhD, University of Queensland
- BSpPath (Hons), University of Queensland (First Class Honours)
- The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers
2017 - Major Scholarship, The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
2017 – City Law School Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
2016 – Draper Scholarship, Sussex Law School