Deborah has an exclusive background in defendant personal injury, with over 20 years’ experience in defending road traffic accidents (RTA), employers' liability and public liability, health and safety law, occupational health and disease matters.
Deborah has dealt with large volume defendant litigation on behalf of insurance companies, local authorities and self-insured companies. Her emphasis has been on high value, fatal and catastrophic injury claims, including claims involving brain injury, amputation and spinal injury claims. She has experience in occupational disease claims, including occupational noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL) and asbestos claims. Recently she has advised clients in relation to Covid-19 in relation to return to office, vaccination policies and risk assessments, with a focus on care home and healthcare settings.
She has also been responsible for day-to-day running of defendant litigation teams for insurer clients and a for a global logistics company.
As well as providing training on a broad range of topics to clients and advised clients on strategic solutions to reduce risk and litigation.
- Advising a client in relation to chemical exposure by an employee
- Acting for a construction company in relation to HSE and civil proceedings in relation to an employee falling from scaffolding and sustaining catastrophic injuries
- Acting for a company in a multi-party dispute in relation to a sub-contractor falling from height sustaining serious back and leg injuries
- Acting for an RTA insurer in which a motorcyclist was rendered tetraplegic
Admitted as a Solicitor
- LLB (Hons), Oxford Brookes University
- Law Society