Claire specialises in acting for public and private sector clients on a wide range of commercial litigation matters to include advice on and assistance with risk management and dispute resolution.
Claire also acts for the firm’s regulatory clients, including the Solicitors Regulation Authority, on various contentious matters.
Claire has extensive experience in advising clients on the handling of high value, complex breach of contract and debt recovery claims, manufacture and supply chain disputes, breach of warranty claims and shareholder/partnership disputes.
Claire also has considerable experience in acting for and advising clients on procurement challenges, judicial review civil court employment, employment agency and discrimination claims.
Claire frequently acts for both claimants and defendants in the High Court, County Court and in arbitration proceedings. She is also proficient in advising and representing clients in all aspects of alternative dispute resolution to include, without prejudice meetings and/or mediation; providing strategic advice to clients on the most efficient and cost effective resolution of claims.
- Birmingham Law Society
- Birmingham Solicitors Group
- Recently acted on and negotiated the settlement of a £4 million High Court breach of warranty claim, including issues relating to product liability and an expert determination process in respect of a deferred payment for company shares.
- Recently advised on and successfully negotiating settlement of a complex High Court procurement challenge involving allegations relating to the fairness and transparency of the evaluation criteria and scoring criteria resulting in alleged losses to the unsuccessful bidder in excess of £1.5 million. Advising on issues relating to applications for specific disclosure, expedited trial and lifting automatic suspension.
- Co-ordinated urgent supervisory representation in respect of simultaneous dawn raids at client premises, conducted by OFT/CMA, in respect of their investigations into alleged cartel offences.
- Recently advised a CCG on and co-ordinated the termination of a provider’s GMS Contract following a damaging CQC investigation and the removal of the relevant provider from the NHS performers list.
Admitted as a Solicitor
- LLB (Hons) Nottingham Trent University, 2005
- Legal Practice Course, Nottingham Law School, 2007