Head of Housing Advisory Services
Chris is the Head of Housing Advisory Services, which is a service that provides business solutions to registered providers of social housing.
Chris previously worked at the Chartered Institute of Housing as a Senior Consultant and worked closely with the MHCLG and Home Office to develop the ASB, Crime and Policing Act 2014.
Chris has worked in the social housing sector for 19 years in a number of roles for a housing provider, and as a national lead for Anti Social Behavior.
During Chris’s national advisory role, he worked with over 300 landlords as part of a MHCLG funded project to provide advice and guidance to improve approaches in tackling ASB. Chris conducted reviews of service delivery with a particular focus on policies and procedures, partnership working, budgets and value for money analysis. Chris worked closely with strategic and operational staff to gain a thorough understanding of the challenges and opportunities, and conducted valuable reports and action plans to improve services. Chris regularly conducted surveys and research projects in order to meet the objectives of the government funded project. Chris worked closely with MHCLG officials in reporting progress, statistics and analysis.
Chris also gave oral evidence to the House of Commons Select Committee during the development of the ASB, Crime and Policing Act 2014.
Chris is an experienced project manager and has experience in working closely with government departments working to deadlines and sharing learning outcomes on a national scale.
The Housing Advisory Service provides consultancy, training and products for social landlords to assist them in delivering an effective housing service.
- Working closely with the MHCLG and Home Office to develop the ASB, Crime and Policing Act 2014
- Leading on the CIH ‘Working Together’ Projects, a national project to help landlords deliver excellent ASB services
- Developed and rolled out the ‘Community Harm Statement’ a tool now commonly used to help present evidence in court
- Given oral evidence at the House of Commons Select Committee and worked closely with the House of Lords to develop the ASB, Crime and Policing Act 2014
- Working closely with over 300 landlords to improve services in tackling ASB.
- Frequent keynote speaker at various national events
Chris has various publications and articles for trade press such as Inside Housing and The Guardian Housing Network as well as the Chartered Institute of Housing.
Management Diploma, Cornwall College, 2010