Asfa is an experienced Legal Director in the Real Estate department at Capsticks and specialises in advising GP’s, pharmacists and care homes on commercial property transactions. Asfa also advises NHS Trusts on general property management issues and transactional work.
Prior to specialising in transactions with a healthcare perspective, Asfa gained a wealth of experience acting for pension funds, high street restaurants and leading serviced office providers on the management of their portfolios, disposals and acquisitions. The focus of acquisitions being either within new developments of shopping centres and retail leisure parks, conditional on site assembly, funding, pre-lets, planning and remediation or the grant of leases in prime city locations. Clients are quick to praise her unwavering commitment and efficiency in locating and resolving key commercial issues.
- Advising South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust on the acquisition of a development site for a new multi-purpose, £6.5m site planned to be used as a combined ambulance make-ready centre, a vital service preparing ambulances and their equipment for every shift, emergency operations centre and NHS 111 clinical assessment service centre, as well as housing offices and training facilities.
- The asset purchase of a care home subject to overage provisions, along with provision of funding from a US based REIT with an operating company lease granted at completion.
- Acquisitions of pharmacy premises, either by way of corporate support transactions or new leases in GP’s surgeries/High Street locations.
- Does your pharmacy comply with the Equality Act 2010? Pharmacy Business, May 2014
- What rights do I need in my pharmacy lease? Pharmacy Business, June 2015
- LLB (Hons), University of Warwick
- Legal Practice Course (Distinction), Nottingham Trent University