Medical malpractice for insurers
Our specialists advise on claims against organisations and individuals in all areas of healthcare, acting on behalf of healthcare organisations, and individuals through their insurers to defend claims made against them and/ or their practices.
Drawing upon our considerable experience of advising the NHS, a major medical defence organisation as well as Lloyds Underwriters we know what matters to the organisation as well as individual clinicians. We make sure claims are dealt with efficiently and quickly while at the same time achieving the best result.
Our areas of expertise include:
- High value claims resulting from alleged medical malpractice following private medical treatment in a wide range of specialities ranging from orthopaedic surgery to ophthalmic surgery.
- Birth investigation and complaints against private obstetricians and hospitals.
- Claims related to products liability associated with medical malpractice.
- Multi-party actions involving complex issues around appointment of liability.
- Cosmetic surgery litigation.
- Beauticians and holistic medicine.
- Physiotherapy and rehabilitation clinics.
- Sexual health clinics.
- Vaccination clinics.