At Capsticks we support the health, care, housing and regulatory sectors, all of which have responsibilities for complying with data protection and information law. We are experts in all areas of information law, concerning information about patients, tenants, registrants, employees and members of the public.
Our team of information law specialists focus on providing up-to –the minute advice to clients charged with using and protecting some of the most sensitive and confidential information in existence. Their organisations often are subject to complex regulatory regimes and so benefit from our special skills and industry knowledge.
We give practical, round-the-clock advice on the full range of advisory, transactional, regulatory and litigated issues affecting these sectors, including effective information sharing between organisations, dealing with complex subject access requests, and responding to information security incidents and cyber-attacks.
This area of law can appear complex. But by working with us, you will be partnered with friendly lawyers who understand the particular legal intricacies and the requirements of the sectors we work with, but who will provide you with clear, practical and accessible advice and recommendations.
Clients tell us that our work in this area is “invaluable”. Following a recent court hearing in this area, we were pleased to receive feedback which said: “Thanks again for all the support you gave me through the court process –don’t plan on doing it again anytime soon – but came out the other side so much more knowledgeable. Couldn’t have done it without you.’’
Our areas of expertise include:
GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018
- Advising on the lawfulness of proposed uses of data
- Information sharing arrangements and data processing agreements, including in relation to international data transfers
- Data Protection Impact Assessments and support for Data Protection Officers
- Responding to incidents, ICO investigations, claims and complaints
- Policy development and delivery of training
The Freedom of Information Act
- Preparation of responses to requests, assisting with referrals to the ICO, and representation in the specialist tribunals.
Common law confidentiality
- Maintaining confidentiality, records recovery, and ensuring the appropriate use of confidential information
Compliance with statutory guidance and obligations under professional codes of practice