Care home providers can face an array of complex employment issues such as resolving pension and TUPE questions effectively, handling employee payment issues and promoting equality in the workplace. Our large full service Employment team has has an unrivalled national reputation for advising organisations on workforce issues in the health and social care sectors. Our HR Advisory and consultancy service provides support to clients who seek seamless HR and legal support on projects or on a case by case basis. Our advice includes in-house advocacy and tribunal claims.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Recruitment: Pre-employment checks and references.
- Immigration: Ensuring you’re compliant with immigration rules.
- Sickness absence: Sickness absence management, including reasonable adjustments.
- Grievances: Including bullying and harassment, discrimination and whistleblowing.
- Disciplinary: Support during an investigation and to the disciplinary panel.
- Reorganisation: TUPE, redundancy processes, relocation and varying key terms and condition.
- Settlement agreements: Pragmatic and cost effective advice re commercial settlement options.
- Employment tribunals: Defending claims for unlawful deductions from wages, unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing.