Development and Asset Management
Government priority is to build one million homes by 2020 – the pressure is on…
1% Reduction in Social Housing Rents
Social housing rents will be reduced by 1% each year up to 2020 resulting in a 12% reduction in average rent levels by 2020-21 compared with current forecast. This will reduce social landlords’ rental income by £2.5bn in today’s prices. The Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) predicts that 14,000 fewer affordable homes will be built over the period.
The OBR is predicting a reduction in housing investment as a result of the measure. A lack of confidence in the sector could also affect credit agency confidence around financial viability. HA’s are already holding off new developments and reviewing their business plans
Our Development team helps a large number of Registered Providers successfully deliver a broad variety of schemes by working as an integral part of our clients’ team. We can now take this one step further and can offer an ‘end to end’ service allowing our clients to have a seamless project with economy of scale. We are always mindful of our clients’ objectives and yet we provide practical commercially aware solutions that enable our clients to deliver their projects on time and on budget.
Whilst there are challenges ahead, we also see many opportunities
- An opportunity to review what the core services are to the business and focus on those services
- Adjusting tenure mix in new developments is enabling some RPs to keep their pre-Budget development
- Thinking differently about investment, value for money, development and regulation
- Bringing the housing sector together to create innovative solutions for the future
What do we offer
- Tailored consultancy – managing Assets
- Partnership Projects – learning from each other
- Joint procurement opportunities